Everyone wants healthy feet and it starts with a healthy foot care routine.
- Wash feet with soap and water daily. Make sure to dry in between your toes.
- Apply daily moisturizer to top and bottom of the feet, but never in between your toes. In the summertime, use sunscreen on your feet when wearing sandals. Skin cancers do develop on feet too.
- Inspect feet for any skin and nail changes. If something looks different, make an appointment with your podiatrist.
- Do not go barefoot outside. This is the most common place for stepping on foreign body and can lead to infections and amputations.
- Wear properly fitting shoes. Shoes should be comfortable from the first try.
- Maintaining a healthy weight is important. The more you weigh, the harder your feet must work to support your body
- Diabetics are even more at an increase risk of foot issues. We have included more information under our foot care tab, so please check it out.
Let's keep your feet healthy for a lifetime!